Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Updates

If you wandered over here from my youtube channel I will explain briefly why it has been so long since I have posted anything new there.

First off this stuff is a hobby for me, I am not a film maker or a political activist or a former ACLU lawyer with no life who never does anything but watch Fox News looking for things to pretend to be outraged over.

In fact I work full time and for many years that meant around 90 hours a week, no kidding. I recently changed jobs to a position where I work half the hours for pretty much the same pay. I gave up a raise that I had just been granted, yes I got a raise in a recession, to move to a job that did not demand all my waking hours. I think the slight drop in pay was worth it but being a workaholic I am not adjusting to more free time as well as I expected.

I had fully expected to be back to making videos by now but I am not.

Another reason I am not doing more right now is that I lack motivation. Politics as it is often done on you tube bores the hell out of me after a few minutes. The thing I notice however is that political topics get more attention than my non political topics. I like to take on paranormal claims, I like to be critical of con-artists and Charlestons a lot more than I like to do politics but politics is what the number of views suggest people want for the most part.

I will get motivated again to do something, I have some ideas and I am pretty sure the format of what I do will change. I intend to do audio commentary with some visual presentation and less of the type of video I have done in the past. I also think it is likely I can get some video of candidates on the campaign trail and if by some miracle some of that is interesting I may post it.

No comments: